Performing with Lyric Theatre
Lyric Theatre, the performing company of The Gilbert & Sullivan Society of San Jose, invites you to perform with us. All roles are volunteer positions (non-AEA), but one of our principal goals is ensuring that our casts and crews find the process of putting together and performing our shows enjoyable and fulfilling. Beyond that, we are committed to:
• Promoting our signature light opera repertoire
• Maintaining high production values in our shows
• Ensuring the safety of casts and crews from harassment and discrimination
• Upholding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in casting and all other operations
• Giving students onstage and backstage experience in musical theatre arts
Auditions for all three shows of our upcoming summer festival will be:
Saturday, March 2 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm
Sunday, March 3 from 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 10 from 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Callback date to be announced.
See a list of characters and their vocal ranges.
Note: before you audition you will need to acknowledge that you have read and understand our code of conduct, our health protocols, and our waiver of liability. Please read them in advance. If you are unable to use these links, the documents will be available at the auditions.
Diversity, Inclusion, Health, & Safety
Lyric Theatre is committed to diversity and encourages participation by performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities. We are also committed to maintaining the health and safety of our casts and crews.
To support these commitments, we have:
• A Code of Conduct, which members of our casts, crews, and staff are required to sign and agree to uphold
• A contract with Red Flag Reporting hotline services, available to all show participants; any report of harassment or discrimination is investigated and adjudicated by an Human Resources professional
• A Human Resources function within our organization, responsible for personnel issues, health policy, safely regulations, and Human Resources training
• Required training for board members, staff, and show directors in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; and handling of harassment and discrimination cases